FAQ - HAS Property Management


  • What is the Tenancy Agreement?
    The Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding contract between you and the landlord in the property you are renting. It will state how much rent you need to pay, when you need to pay it, how much deposit has been paid and the start and end dates of your Tenancy Agreement. You will be advised to read the contract thoroughly before signing.
  • How long does the application take?
    If the property is available immediately it will only take a few days to take up and confirm all references, any delay in references getting to our offices will obviously cause a delay in the application process. Once we are happy with the references a final moving date will be confirmed with you. You will not be allowed to take up residency before all references have been received and all monies paid.
  • What happens if I want to leave before the end of my Tenancy Agreement?
    All initial contracts are for a minimum fixed term of 6 months. If you leave before the end of the fixed term you are legally obligated to pay the full rent up until the end of the fixed term or until such a time that a new tenant can be found. In the event of a new tenant being found you may be responsible for the landlords re-letting fees.
  • What happens to my application fee?
    The holding fee will hold the property for you and shows your commitment to the application. On signing the tenancy agreement this fee is then offset against the first months rent.
  • What if I am claiming Housing Benefit?
    Some of our landlords will be happy to accept housing benefit, you must advise us of any benefits you are claiming on your initial enquiry to avoid going ahead with an application for a property that will not accept Housing Benefit. You will need a full cash deposit; this is not a ‘bond’. If your deposit is coming from the ‘bond board’, a social worker or charity organization, it is essential that you inform us immediately as some landlords will not accept this form of deposit. The majority of our landlords will require a homeowner guarantor if they are happy to accept the housing benefit. Once your contract has been signed you will need to go to the benefit offices with your form and contract and obtain a receipt before keys are issued.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Welcome to HAS Property Management

Based in Hastings with over 40 years' experience in property letting and property management, we are experts in placing the right tenants with the home of their dreams. Click here to learn more about us, or contact us.

Please click here to learn more about our local area of Hastings and St Leonards-on-Sea.